The admission to FPM of IIM Rohtak is open to all Indian citizens, non-resident Indians, persons of Indian origin living abroad and other foreign citizens. Admission is based on academic qualifications, performance in the qualifying examination/tests, personal interviews and the work experience. The programme is fully residential and for four years with an option of finishing in three years.
The candidates should have at least one of the following qualifications:
- Post-Graduate degree or equivalent in any discipline with at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA;
- Qualifications of CA, ICWA or CS with at least 50% marks;
- Professional qualifications such as MBBS, LLB and similar qualifications with at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA;
- 4-year Engineering degrees, viz., B.Tech and B.E, with at least 60% marks or equivalent CGPA;
- Candidates with qualifications equivalent to MBA as approved by the Association of Indian Universities.
A candidate should have a valid test score not older than two years from the date of application in any of the following tests:
- CAT conducted by IIMs
- GMAT/GRE (General/Advanced)
- UGC/CSIR JRF (other JRFs will not be considered)
- PGDM of IIMs not older than 5 years.
* Non-Resident Indians, Persons of Indian origin and other foreign citizens should have a valid GMAT/GRE score of not older than two years from the date of application.
For area specific additional shortlisting criteria click here
Those appearing for the final eligibility exams can also apply; but, their final selection will be subject to successful completion of the requirement. Such applicants should submit the required proof of their eligibility qualifications latest by 30th of September 2016, following the date of admission.
The respective Areas will decide its own choice of tests (one or multiple) from among the tests listed above. A candidate can apply to two Areas at a time. Therefore, getting shortlisted or selected in one Area will not guarantee shortlisting or selection in another Area. Further, if different Areas schedule the interviews on the same date and time, the candidate will be required to decide which Area interview s/he would attend and the candidate will not be entitled to claim any special consideration including rescheduling of interviews.
Wherever the total and/or the sectional scores of the qualifying examination mentioned above, the candidates should have scored at least 60 percentile in total and 50 percentile in each of the sections to be eligible to apply for the FPM of IIM Rohtak. In case of GMAT score, it should be 600 and be in the top 15 percentile. The actual cut-off scores used by different Areas for shortlisting may, however, be higher than the scores mentioned as minimum eligibility.
Candidates possessing PGDM of IIMs with a minimum CGPA of 5.5 out of 10 or equivalent will be eligible for applying directly (i.e., without again taking qualifying examination).
The number of candidates to be called for interview in each Area will be decided by the Area. The shortlisted candidates will be called for personal interview at IIM Rohtak or any other venue fixed by the Institute during April 2016 which will be mentioned in the call letter for interview. In the interviews, the candidates will be assessed for their intellectual capabilities, research aptitude and interest in the management discipline.
The shortlisted candidates called for interview will be paid not more than III AC train fare by the shortest route, from their reported point of residence to the interview venue and back. There will not be any reimbursement for candidates based abroad to attend interviews. On special request, interviews through video conferencing may be considered in the case of candidates based abroad.