Dr. Rima Mondal is a faculty in the area of Economics and Public Policy at Indian Institute of Management Rohtak. She has completed Fellow Program in Management (FPM) from Indian Institute of Management Indore and her M.Plan (gold medalist) and B.Plan (Silver medalist) from School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi. Prior to joining IIM Rohtak, she has worked as an Assistant Professor in National Institute of Construction Management and Research, NCR Campus. She has worked with National Institute of Urban Affairs and Delhi Development Authority where she had the opportunity to work on preparation of Zonal Development plans, land use plans, formulation of land pooling policy and transit oriented development policy. Her research is published in peer-reviewed journal and conferences. She has also qualified UGC NET-JRF examination. She was awarded with Australian conference of economist scholarship in 2015.
Microeconomics, Public Private Partnerships, Urban Economics, Quantitative techniques, Macroeconomic environment
Informal economy, General equilibrium, Institutional quality, Dual economy, Pricing models in real estate
Chattopadhyay, S., & Mondal, R. (2017). Characterisation of economic growth in developing economies with informal sector. Economic Papers: A journal of applied economics and policy, 36(1), 86-101. (The paper was recognized as the most downloaded paper of the year by the publishing house).
Chattopadhyay, S., & Mondal, R. (2016). Investment and growth in a developing economy with vast informal sector. The Journal of Developing Areas, 50(4), 113-132.
- International Conferences
- Paper titled ‘Economic Growth of developing Economies with Informal sector as Sub Market’ presented in 19thAnnual Conference on Global Economic Analysis organized by GTAP and The World Bank, Washington D.C. in June 2016.
- Paper titled ‘Investment and Evolution of an Informal economy’ presented in 44th Australian Conference of Economists organized by Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia in June 2015.
- Paper titled ‘Jobless Growth and Investment in Formal Sector: ‘Unemployment Kuznets Curve’ accepted in 45th Annual Conference of the Eastern Economic Association, Urban Economics, New Jersey in February 2019.
- Paper titled ‘Causes for persistence of wage gap and unemployment: A dynamic Harris-Todaro model’ accepted in 43rd Annual Conference of the Eastern Economic Association, New York.
- Paper titled ‘Investment in informal sector’ accepted in 37th Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management Fall Research Conference, 2015