Dr. Abhishek Verma is a working as an assistant professor in the area of Management Information Systems at IIM Rohtak. He completed his PhD from the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. He received his Master of Technology (M. Tech) in Computer Science and Engineering from ABV-Indian Institute of Technology, Gwalior. Before joining IIM Rohtak, he has served as a faculty in GLA University, Mathura and VIT University, Bhopal campus. His work is published in many reputed international journals, conferences and book chapters. He is also a reviewer of many reputed journals and conferences.
Data Analytics, Information Technology
Data Analytics, Text Mining, Occupational Safety, Human Factors
- A Verma, J Maiti and G Boustras (2020). Analysis of categorical incident data and design for interventions using axiomatic design framework. Safety Science, Vol-123, (ABDC category: A, SCIE)
- K Dhalmahapatra, R Shingade, H Mahajan, A Verma, and J. Maiti. (2019). Decision support system for safety improvement: An approach using multiple correspondence analysis, t-SNE algorithm and K-means clustering. Computers & Industrial Engineering, Vol- 128, pages: 277-289, (ABDC category: A, SCIE)
- A Verma, J Maiti. (2018). Text document clustering based cause and effect analysis methodology for steel plant incident data. International Journal of Injury Control and Safety Promotion, Vol-25 (4), page: 416-426, Taylor & Francis. (SSCI)
- A Verma, J Maiti, V N Gaikwad. (2018). A preliminary analysis of incident investigation reports of an integrated steel plant: Some reflection. International Journal of Injury Control and Safety Promotion, Vol-25 (2), page: 180-194, Taylor & Francis. (SSCI)
- A Verma, S D Khan, J Maiti, and O B Krishna. (2014). Identifying Patterns of Safety Related Incidents in a Steel Plant Using Association Rule Mining of Incident Investigation Reports. Safety Science, Vol-70, page: 89–98, Elsevier. (ABDC category: A, SCIE)
- J Maiti, A K Singh, S Mandal, A Verma (2014). Mining safety rules for derailments in a steel plant using correspondence analysis. Safety Science, Vol-68, page: 24-33, Elsevier. (ABDC category: A, SCIE)
- A Verma, S Chatterjee, S Sarkar, and J Maiti (2018). Data-driven Mapping between Proactive and Reactive Measures of Occupational Safety Performance. Industrial Safety Management (pp. 53-63).
- S Sarkar, A Verma, and J Maiti (2018). Prediction of Occupational Incidents Using Proactive and Reactive Data: A Data Mining Approach. Industrial Safety Management (pp. 65-79.) Springer.
International conference papers
- A Verma, and J Maiti (2017). Extraction of causal factors of occupational incidents using text mining based association rule mining (Abstract) in International conference of Computers & Industrial Engineering (CIE47), Lisbon.
- A Verma, D Rajput, and J Maiti (2016). Prioritization of near-miss incidents using text mining and Bayesian network. In International Conference on Advances in Computing and Data Sciences (pp. 183-191). Springer, India.
- H Sharma, A Verma, and J C Bansal (2012). Group social learning in artificial bee colony optimization algorithm. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving (SocProS 2011) December 20-22, 2011 (pp. 441-451). Springer India.
- J C Bansal, P K Singh, M Saraswat, A Verma, S S Jadon, and A Abraham (2011). Inertia weight strategies in particle swarm optimization. In Nature and Biologically Inspired Computing (NaBIC), 2011 Third World Congress on (pp. 633-640). IEEE.