Dr. Himanshu Seth is an Assistant Professor in the area of Finance and Accounting. Prior to joining IIM Rohtak, he was associated with JGBS, OP Jindal Global University (August 2021 - December 2021), and Woxsen University, Hyderabad (January 2021 – July 2021). He was also involved in teaching finance courses to Hindustan Zinc Limited employees as a part of the Work Integrated Learning Programme (WILP) division of BITS, Pilani. He has completed his doctoral degree from Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani in the finance domain and holds a Master of Business Administration from Icfai Business School, Hyderabad. He specializes in corporate finance, working capital management, data envelopment analysis, panel data modelling, and parametric and non-parametric efficiency assessment techniques. He has published several research papers in journals of international repute, to name a few, Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services (ABDC – A), International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management (ABDC – B), Managerial Finance (ABDC – B), Benchmarking: An International Journal (ABDC – B), and others. His area of research and teaching is along with the interface of short-term liquidity decisions and non-parametric techniques for efficiency assessment. Furthermore, he is also working on research projects related to financial literacy, green accounting, and sustainable Fintech.
Financial Management, Advanced Corporate Finance, Financial Accounting, Project Finance, Corporate Valuation
His research area revolves around working capital management, sustainable finance, investor behaviour, manufacturing sector, corporate well-being, green accounting etc.
He is also a regular reviewer of many ABDC ranked journals, such as Cogent Economics and Finance, Managerial Finance, International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, etc.
Seth, H., Talwar, S., Bhatia, A., Saxena, A., & Dhir, A. (2020). Consumer resistance and inertia of retail investors: Development of the resistance adoption inertia continuance (RAIC) framework. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 55, 102071. (Scopus indexed; ABDC “A category”).
▪ Seth, H., Chadha, S., & Sharma, S. (2020). Benchmarking the efficiency model for working capital management: data envelopment analysis approach. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. (Scopus indexed; ABDC “B category”).
▪ Seth, H., Chadha, S., Ruparel, N., Arora, P. K., & Sharma, S. K. (2020). Assessing working capital management efficiency of Indian manufacturing exporters. Managerial Finance, Vol. 46 No. 8, pp. 1061-1079. https://doi.org/10.1108/MF-02-2019-0076 (Scopus indexed; ABDC “B category”).
▪ Seth, H., Chadha, S., & Sharma, S. & Ruparel, N. (2020). Exploring the predictors of working capital management efficiency and their influence on firm performance: An integrated DEASEM approach. Benchmarking: An International Journal, Vol. 28 No. 4, pp. 1120- 1145. https://doi.org/10.1108/BIJ-05-2020-0251 (Scopus indexed; ABDC “B category”).
- • Ruparel, N., Choubisa, R., Seth, H,. & Dubey, S. (2022, In Press). Mental Toughness for Employees: Towards Conceptual Clarity and Scale Development. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. (ABDC – B Category)
▪ Seth, H., Chadha, S., & Sharma, S. (2019). Redesigning the efficiency process analysis for working capital models. Journal of Global Operations and Strategic Sourcing, Vol. 13 No. 1, pp. 38-55. https://doi.org/10.1108/JGOSS-04-2019-0029 (Scopus indexed; ABDC “C category”).
▪ Ruparel, N., Choubisa, R., Seth, H. & Nagpal G. (2021; Accepted). Does Time Perspective Influence Knowledge Hiding? Empirical Evidence from Indian Employees. Development and Learning in Organizations: An International Journal.(Scopus indexed; ABDC “C category”).
▪ Tanwar, J., Seth, H., Vaish, A. K., & Rao, N. V. M. (2020). Revisiting the Efficiency of Indian Banking Sector: An Analysis of Comparative Models Through Data Envelopment Analysis. Indian Journal of Finance and Banking, Vol. 4 No. 1, pp. 92-108. (Scopus Indexed).
▪ Ruparel, N., Choubisa, R., Sharma, K., & Seth, H. (2020). Assessing the psychometric properties of cultural intelligence scale among Indian employees. Current Psychology, 1-12. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12144-020-00814-0 (Scopus Indexed)
▪ Chadha, S. & Seth, H. (2020). Ownership Structure and Capital Structure: A Panel Data Study. International Journal of Business Innovation and Research, Vol 24 No. 3, pp. 385-396. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJBIR.2021.113515 (Scopus indexed).
- • Sharma, S., Chadha, S. & Seth, H. (2018). Linking Social Disruption and Firm Performance. International Journal of Process Management and Benchmarking, Vol 11 No. 2, pp. 200-219. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJPMB.2021.113742 (Scopus indexed)
- • Nagpal, G., Chanda, U. & Seth, H. (2021, In Press). The First Half-Century of Decision Modelling for Substitutable Products: A Literature Review and Bibliographic Analysis. Operations and Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. (Scopus indexed)