Integrated Programme in Law (IPL)
Mr. Deepak Sharma (Lecturer)
Mr. Deepak Sharma has recently submitted his Ph.D. thesis on the topic ‘Public Participation in the Criminal Justice System for Prevention and Control of Crime: A Comparative Study’ in the Faculty of Law, University of Delhi (India) Institute of Eminence, wherein he was registered as a full-time research scholar. He also finished his LL.M. (2013) from the Faculty of Law at Jamia Millia Islamia, A Central University in New Delhi. He submitted his dissertation on the topic of ‘A Study of Sentencing Policy with Reference to The Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act of 1985’& BA, LL.B. (2010) from Institute of Legal Studies, Campus, CCSU, Meerut. Prior to joining IIM Rohtak, He has also taught as Assistant Professor (Law) Guest at Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, A Central University, New Delhi, Assistant Professor at CPJCHS & School of Law, affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi. He is UGC-NET (2012) qualified. He also has industry experience of Eleven years as practicing Lawyer in the High Court of Delhi & other courts of the India. He has presented many papers at international and national conferences and also published many research articles in law journals of repute. His areas of specialization include Criminal Law, Law of Contract, Criminology, Penology, Criminal Justice Administration and Family Law.
Ms. Varnika Taya (Lecturer)
Ms. Varnika Taya is a lecturer of law in the Integrated Programme in Law at the Indian Institute of Management, Rohtak. She has completed her B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) from National Law Institute University, Bhopal and her LL.M. (Corporate Law) from Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur with University Gold Medal. She is currently pursuing her Ph.D. in insolvency law from National Law University, Delhi. Previously she worked as an Associate at Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas, Advocates and Attorneys where she was engaged in the practice areas of litigation and arbitration; capital markets; and, general corporate.
Ms. Taya has also interned with the Institute of Legislative Drafting and Research, Legislative Department, Ministry of Law and Justice, Government of India; Khaitan & Co.; Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas; Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan Attorneys; Tatva Legal Advocates; and, HSA Advocates.
She has authored research articles in peer-reviewed and UGC-Care listed journals including National Law University Jodhpur Law Review. She has also co-authored a research paper for the NLIU-Trilegal Summit on Mergers and Acquisitions; and has presented a research paper at National Seminar on Changing Dimensions of Morality and Ethics in Legal Profession: Challenges and Prospects, Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur.
Law of Contracts; Law of Partnership; Legal language, critical thinking and legal writing.
Law of Contracts; Law of Partnership; Company Law; Banking Law; Insolvency Law; Securities Law
Mr. Jyotirmoy Banerjee (Lecturer)
Jyotirmoy Banerjee is an esteemed Lecturer of Law at the Indian Institute of Management, Rohtak (IIM-R), renowned for his extensive experience and expertise in Corporate & Commercial Matters across India. With his exceptional research contributions, he has presented papers in numerous National and International Conferences on various topics such as ADR, Environmental Law, Juvenile Law, and Corporate Commercial Laws, establishing himself as a leading thought leader in these fields.
Furthermore, Mr. Banerjee also serves as the Faculty Incharge of Moot Court Society and Model United Nations (MUN) Society, showcasing his dedication to providing holistic legal education to students. In 2022, he was awarded the prestigious Young Researcher Award by the Institute of Scholars, highlighting his exceptional research contributions and dedication to his field.
Mr. Banerjee has completed his Master’s in Law (LLM) in Corporate and Commercial Law from the esteemed Faculty of Law at Vivekananda Global University, Jaipur. Currently, he is pursuing his Ph.D. in Corporate Commercial and ADR Laws from the prestigious School of Law at Raffles University, Neemrana. His exceptional academic qualifications and vast experience make him a sought-after legal expert in the fields of Corporate & Commercial Law, ADR, Environmental Law, and Juvenile Law.
Consumer Laws, Indian Legal System and Methods, Clinical Course (Drafting and Pleading) Insolvency & Bankruptcy Laws, Company Laws, Cyber Law and ADR Laws.
Motor Vehicle Laws, EPF Laws, Environmental Laws, AI & ML Laws, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Laws, Company Laws, Cyber Laws, Consumer Protection Laws, Investment Laws and ADR-ODR Laws.
- Presented a Paper titled “Critical Study on The Role of CSR In Developing The Environment For Sustainable and Healthy Survival” at the 2nd International Conference on Green Energy, Environment and Sustainable Development organized by IILM Law School, IILM University, Gurugram on 15th and 20th December 2022.
- Presented a Paper titled “Study on the Role of Self-Help Groups in the Development of Rural Families since 2010” at the 2 Day National Conference on Human Rights of Slum Dwellers and Forced Eviction: A Legal Mandate organized by Centre For Environmental Law, Education, Research And Advocacy (CEERA), National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bengaluru along with CMR School of Legal Studies, Bengaluru and Symbiosis Law School, Pune under the aegis of the Disha Scheme, Department of Justice, Govt. of India and the Chair on Urban Poor and the Law Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation, Govt. of India on 15th and 16th December 2022.
- Presented a Paper titled “Study of the Impact of the Covid-19 Pandemic on International Relations with India on various Agreements and Treaties” at the 2 Day Virtual International Conference on India and Post Covid-19 International relations: Prospects and Challenges organized by o.E. Public Policy Research and School of Liberal Arts and Humanities, Woxsen University in association with Forum for Global Studies and sponsored by Indian Council of Social Science and Research on 14th and 15th December, 2022.
- Best Paper Presentation Award - Presented a Paper titled “Significant Study of the Functional Position of the National Green Tribunal in the Execution of Scheduled Legislation for the protection of the Environment” at the International E-Conference on ‘Law & Society’ organized by Center for Human Rights Law and Policy, School of Legal Studies, Reva University, Bangalore in collaboration with The Staffordshire Law School, The School of Justice, Security and Sustainability, Staffordshire University, United Kingdom on 02nd December, 2022.
- Presented a Paper titled “Role of India in Uplifting the Goal of Sustainable Development in Reference to SDG 2030” at the 2nd National Conference on Environmental Toxicology: Impact on Human Health, organized by Department of Life Sciences, Vivekananda Global University, Jaipur on 25th and 26th November, 2022.
- Presented a Paper titled “Judicial Approach to Protection of Rights of Disabled” at the National Conference on Rights of Differently Abled Persons in India organized by the Faculty of Law, Kalinga University, Naya Raipur, on 23rd - 24th November 2022.
- Presented a Paper titled “Stimulus Role of Artificial Intelligence in Revamping Criminal Justice System: Critical Analysis” at the Two-Day International e-Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Law organized by Rajiv Gandhi National Law Center, National Law University, Bhopal with the Center of Cyber Law and Innovation, ICFAI Law School, ICFAI University, Dehradun on 17th and 18th November, 2022.
- Research Paper Titled “A Study on the Judicial Approach Towards Settling Matrimonial Disputes” published in “The Journal of Oriental Research Madras” UGC Care Journal, ISSN – 0022-3301.
- Research Paper Titled “Marital Rape: Stigma for Indian Society” published in “Kanpur Philosophers” UGC Care Journal, ISSN – 2348-8301.
- Research Paper Titled “Critical Analysis of The Judicial Implications on The Concept of Necrophilia & The Judicial Approach Taken Towards it in India and Worldwide” published in “The Journal of Oriental Research Madras” UGC Care Journal, ISSN – 0022-3301.
- Research Paper Titled “Critical Analysis of Technology Law in India with Reference to Foreign Mechanism” published in “International Journal of Trend in Scientific Research and Development”, Double Blind Peer Reviewed, Vol. 6 Issue 3, ISSN-2456-6470 (Indexed: Google Scholar, Mendely, Academia, DRJI).
- Research Paper Titled "Critical Analysis of Cyber Crime with reference to Lack of Awareness in the Society", published in "International Journal of Law Management & Humanities", Double Blind Peer Reviewed, Vol. 4 Issue 4, ISSN-2581-5369, DOI: https://doij.org/10.10000/IJLMH.111234. (Indexed: HEINOnline, Manupatra, Google Scholar).
- Research Paper Titled “Capital Punishment with Reference to Human Rights Aspects”, published in “Asgar Khan Advocate Law Journal” Volume 1, Issue 1, ISSN: 2582-6476.
Mr. Achintya Arora (Lecturer)
Achintya Arora has completed B.Com.,LL.B. (Hons.), a five year integrated programme in law, from Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar and LL.M. from Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. He qualified the UGC-NET (Law) in July, 2018. He has presented research papers at various prestigious international and national conferences. His research works have been published with reputed journals and leading newspapers.
Teaching Areas: He is currently teaching Public Policy Processes & Institutions and Indian Legal System and Methods – I.